The Web Analytics Association defines web analytics as " the measurement, processing, analysis and reporting of internet traffic to understand and optimize the use of a website ."
Web analytics is a discipline that is part of digital marketing, which consists of collecting and interpreting data related to users who land on our web pages, where SEO Expert In Bangladesh can analyze in detail the results of marketing actions and make more accurate decisions .
To properly manage our digital business it is necessary to optimize our website to sell more or attract more customers and identify our correct audience and connect with it; The transformation of this data is important to add value to our business and identify areas for improvement.
Web analytics is one more step towards success, since to analyze correctly we have to be clear about our objectives based on key performance indicators, with KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) we will evaluate those factors, variables and units of measurement of marketing strategies depending on each type of business.
It is important to clarify that web analytics is not about measuring our website traffic, but about understanding and analyzing it through the impact of our digital marketing campaigns, the behavior of visitors on the website and looking for market trends.
Thanks to web analytics Online SEO Training In Bangladesh can compile the data with the appropriate metrics to analyze the performance of our websites. In this way, we evaluate whether we meet the proposed objectives when starting any type of marketing campaign.
Steps to analyze a website
To analyze any portal we recommend that you follow the following steps:
- Choose the type of website we find: online store (ecommerce, registration portal, a blog, a corporate website ...
- Establish site objectives and KPIs (key performance indicators).
- Establish the period of time in which the data will be collected.
- Choose the appropriate tool to perform the analysis.
- Analyze the structure of the website, we have to see how it is organized, the process that users follow to reach the goal ...
- Tag the different pages of our website so that the data can be measured. Each page of the site must have its specific URL.
- Measure and get reports.
- Review the reports, analyze the data and make changes that are necessary to achieve the established objectives.
Tools to do Web Analytics
- Google Tag Manager : Google Tag Manager is a tool that allows us to simplify the process of managing website tags, through these tags we update the website and also these tags allow us to measure the objectives within Google Analytics and Google Ads.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is currently the most important tool for web analytics, this platform launched since 2005, allows us to group all the traffic of our website according to a purchase and / or acquisition behavior; Google Analytics has allowed us to reach in a global way the behavior of users within our website with accurate information.
- Google Search Console : Search Console is a free service offered by Google to monitor problems with the appearance of our web pages in search results, which allows us to detect usability and indexing problems from any search device.